Mass communication basically refers to gathering and disseminating information or news through print, electronic and the additional digital media today. Since the advent of digital media, the opportunities in this sector have grown tremendously and so has the competition. Students these days are vying for the limited seats and therefore mass communication entrance exam preparation needs to be through if one expects to get into a good college.
- Go through the sample papers: We are assuming here that you already narrowed down on your list of institutions offering mass communication courses in India. As an aspirant, you should know the entrance exam pattern of each mass communication entrance exam that you are sitting for.
- Inspiration: Find a person who has cleared the exam and is currently studying in that particular college or has passed out from that college and is currently working. Try and understand how they were able to achieve their goals and see if you can inculcate those same habits to ace your mass communication entrance exam.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the issues at hand: Usually mass communication entrance exams focus on a deep knowledge of current affairs and they also test a candidate’s ability to comprehend that piece of information. They also test you on your thought process and analysis of various issues. Therefore you should start reading more and more and follow it up with discussions with your friends or family. This will help you develop a holistic view of the entire issue.
- Writing Skills: A majority of the mass communication entrance exams test an aspirant on their writing ability. This is an extremely important aspect and you should start practicing this aspect as well.
- Time Management: Allocate a certain number of hours each day for your mass communication entrance exam preparation. The allocation should be done based in such a manner that you can focus on your full time job/current studies as well. This will ensure that you do not miss out on your current task as well. Time management is important during the exam as well, you should ensure that you adequate time to each question mentioned.
- Coaching Classes: You should seek help from coaching classes if you deem it necessary for your preparation. It always provides that edge and you can then focus your efforts on what is important and not waste time.
- Practicing: Practice makes a man perfect and there should be no letting down from your end on this aspect. Practice writing down as many answers as possible and take as many sample papers and mock tests as possible.
- Take a deep breath and relax: As in other entrance exams or for that matter any exam in life, one has often found that stress has a negative impact on the final outcome. Therefore include stress busters in your plan according to your needs and follow them as well till the D-day. It will help you focus more on the exam and give you that extra edge over the competition.