Mass communication refers to a process in which a person, group of people, or an organization sends a message through a channel of communication to a large group of anonymous and heterogeneous people and organizations.
There has been a tremendous growth and explosion in communication technology all across the world and the entire global world had become a unified whole. This aspect of globalization makes the study of mass communication all the more important and enviable since you become the collector and dissemination of news across the world. Mass Media includes Advertising, Journalism and Public Relations, fields which have the ability of influence masses and alter their thought process.
We at Learn Limitless provide the best quality education for aspiring candidates such that you are catapulted into IIMC and ACJ, the best mass communication colleges in India. Our faculty includes a broad mix of professionals including people currently working with leading broadcasting and print journalism firms. We provide both classroom and correspondence courses to suit the needs of different candidates.
Learn Limitless Offerings
- Customized Study Material for IIMC and ACJ entrance exam
- Both Classroom and Correspondence Course
- Both batches to have video recordings of lectures which will be made available post the lecture
- Special workshops to be conducted by eminent personalities and working professionals from the mass media field
- Special Workshops from eminent professionals of other fields to give you a holistic understanding of the global scenario – which is a requirement for the entrance exam
- Interactive Study Material
- Over all Personality Development Sessions of students which includes Group Discussion and Interview Preparation
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
Courses Offered by IIMC which is an Internationally-known centre of education training and research in Mass Communication, under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India. It is an autonomous body.
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism (Hindi or English)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Advertising & Public Relations (Hindi or English)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism(Odisa)
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Aspirants need to appear for IIMC Entrance Exam at their own expense. The written test for IIMC admissions 2018 (in all the courses offered by the college) is of two hours duration and the maximum marks one can secure in this exam is 85.
IIMC exam is held at an All-India level. There is no set pattern for IIMC Entrance Exam, however, aspirants appearing for Journalism course admissions will be judged on the below mentioned parameters:
- General Awareness, including understanding of social dynamics; interest in social history; awareness of public debates on matters of polity and economy; awareness about international developments influencing power equations in the world and their impact on India.
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability including oral and writing skills
- Analytical & comprehension skills
- Sensitivity to social issues
- Ethics & values
The parameters on the basis of which candidates are judged for Advertising and Public Relations course admissions are as mentioned below:
- General awareness about development and public issues
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability
- Analytical & Comprehension skills
- Brand awareness & recall
- Social Consciousness
- Lateral thinking capabilities
Aspirants who are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in IIMC Entrance Test 2018 need to appear for group discussion/interview round.
Candidates are shortlisted for admissions on the basis of their performance in the written test as well as the interview/group discussion round. The weightage for the written examination and the interview/group discussion round is 85:15.
Asian College of Journalism
ACJ entrance exam 2018 syllabus has not been specified by the college. However, some topics that aspirants should consider studying for admission in PG diploma courses basis ACJ entrance papers of previous years are as mentioned below:
ACJ Entrance Exam Syllabus for English
- Correct misspelt words
- Make sentences using words
- Essay writing
ACJ Entrance Exam Syllabus for General Knowledge
Asian College of Journalism’s official website informs that 60%-65% questions asked in Part B of ACJ entrance exam paper comprises of questions related to Current Affairs of the past one year.
The remaining ACJ entrance paper consists of GK questions on the below mentioned topics:
- Scientific discoveries
- Space exploration – eg. Cassini-Huygens
- Economics (understanding of terms like GDP)
- New Media Terms (What is an I-pad?)
- Identifying people who have been in the news in the past year
- Events or people associated with the 1857 revolution,
- Events or people associated with Gandhi and the Freedom Struggle.